Largest Private Deck on Water Island
Location: USVI – Water Island, Caribbean (USVI Water Island- 5 min public ferry ride from St. Thomas)
Accommodations: House – 2 Bedrooms (Queen and King Beds) + Convertible bed(s) – 2 Baths – (Sleeps 4-6)
Comes with golf cart for use on Water island
Slow Mocean is ready for you!. The island and the view are original, unspoiled, and amazing. There are no condos, hotels or crowds on Water Island. Slow Mocean sits at the highest crest of Water island so there is plenty of breeze. The house faces St. Thomas providing a sparkling night-time view while still having a view to open water to the left of the deck. The house is a spacious 1600 square feet. The deck is very large at 750 square feet. The setting is very private and quiet. When on the deck, you’ll have the view and the breeze to yourself. The deck cannot be viewed from the road or by neighbors. A king bed bed is in the master bedroom. There is a queen bed in the second bedroom as well as a futon that converts to a double bed in a separate living space. There are two nice sized full bathrooms and an outside shower. You can dine indoors or outdoors.
Water Island is the perfect place to experience the Caribbean away from the crowds. However, St. Thomas is only a five minute ferry ride away so you can shop or visit restaurants if you want. The ferry docks at Crown Bay Marina on St. Thomas, which has a dive shop, internet office, restaurant, and grocery store. We provide a fully furnished house and a golf cart for transportation. We will provide you information you need about the island so you can fully enjoy your stay in paradise.
Beautiful beaches are just a short fun golf cart ride away. Snorkling on Honeymoon beach is good. Just walk right in! There are other beaches that are good exploring, shell hunting beaches. We will provide a map of the best places to swim, snorkle, shell hunt or be alone.
The house is within 100 yards of Palm Cottage, our other house. If you have a large group or two families who want to stay close by each other these properties would be ideal.
Vacation Rental Features
- Golf Cart
- Linens/Towels Provided
- Off-Street Parking
- Queen Bed
- Convertible Futon Bed
- King Bed
- Two Full Baths & Outdoor Shower
- TV (No Cable/Satellite): We get two major US networks a cartoon channel and a handful of other channels with “rabbit ears”
- DVD Player with a variety of DVDs available
- CD Player/stereo system with a variety of CDs of island and other music are available to let you pick the mood of the moment
- Full Kitchen: Full outfitted kitchen with blender, microwave and all essentials. We have installed a UV water filter under the kitchen sink to purify the cistern water for drinking
- Cooking Utensils Provided
- Gas/Electric BBQ Grill
- Deck/Patio: The deck is large providing a dining area, sitting area and a place to put wet items to dry. It faces St Thomas and open water so you have a beautiful view day and night. The deck is very private as it cannot be viewed from the road or by neighbors.
- Oceanfront: Amazing views day and night. Great breezes and privacy.
- Telephone: There is a land line with answering machine. Bring a Phone card if you want to make long distance calls. Cingular/AT&T cell service works on island. Check with your carrier.
- WiFi (Wireless Internet): Let us know if you plan to bring your lap top. We have wireless internet available.
- No Pets Allowed
- Kid Friendly
- Smoking Not Allowed
Activities (on site and nearby):
- Wildlife Viewing
- Private sunbathing
- There are scheduled “events” on Water Island. Heidi cooks dinner on Honeymoon Beach on Saturday nights. It is lovely. Monday nights a “drive in” movie is shown on a screen tied between two palms on Honeymoon Beach. It is wonderful. Just pull up in your golf car. Heidi also cooks lunch on Honeymoon Beach most days. Joe’s bar is in the far corner of Honeymoon Beach where you can order frozen drinks and others cool drinks.
- $2000/week (1-4 guests)
- $2400/week (5-6 guests)
- Please email for off season Honeymoon/couples Specials!!!! Oct-Nov.
- Includes golf cart
- Children under age 3 are not counted
- 1/2 Deposit is required- plus $250 refundable security deposit
- Prorated for additional nights
- Remaining rent is due two weeks prior to arrival
- You will be met and taken to the house by my property manager who answer all your questions and acquaint you with the house
- Check out time is 10:30am unless other arrangements are made in advance
- On occasion my spam filter blocks emails. If you do not hear from me in 2 days please call. Thanks!!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.